If you are in Perth and considering the switch to solar, you have the right idea. With the rise in electricity rates and cost of solar power at an all time low, it’s the best time to make the move to interest free solar panels in Perth. The increase in the number of people making the switch is due to the generous discounts by the government. Before making the switch, there are many things to know such as how solar systems work, their prices and how to find the best installers.
Going solar in Perth: Power production and inducements
• Utilise the power of the sun
In order to get the best deal in solar panels, it is vital that you understand how they work and what benefits they offer the owner. These devices use the sun’s energy and convert it into a usable form of electricity when the sun is nice and bright. The amount of electricity generated depends on the duration of the sunshine and how intense it was.
• Selecting the best deals available in the market
By finding the best solar panel Perth specials available, you can gain a substantial amount back in return and also enjoy a shorter payback period. Don’t choose a certain product as it is cheap, opt for something that is of high quality and comes at a moderate price tag.
• Government rebates
There are many up front incentives offered by the government for people who do make the switch. This is usually in the form of gift certificates which reduce the total cost of having the system installed. Battery storage and solar PV systems across Adelaide also receive generous discounts. It is however important to keep in mind that these discounts or rebates are given out only after the system has been installed.
• Solar panel systems are all not of the same price. It is important that you as a consumer do considerable research on various components related to installing solar panels which include the retailers, installers, and warranties and written agreements in order to get the best system.
The cost of your solar system depends on various factors. Of which some include the following:
- Support schemes and government discounts.
- Where the system will be located.
- The quantity of panels.
- The direction the panels will face and if they require tilt frames for movement.
- Quality and efficiency of the panels and inverter.
- Overall configuration and design of the system.
- Overall shipping costs.
- Costs of hiring contractors.
- Agreements after sale.
- Any removal – existing structures or trees.
- Roof accessibility.
- Preparation of site, cleaning or any structural removal.
- Upgrades to existing architecture.
You should expect to pay a bit more for battery systems and stand alone ones as they require more in depth design analysis and there is added cost for the equipment and batteries.
How much you save?
There are a lot of things that influence whether you are eligible for solar and also the time it will take for your system to start paying for itself. There has also been a drop in the cost of solar so many government incentives have also stopped due to this. You must think carefully before going ahead with this costly investment. Solar Packages in Perth are on the increase, invest today.
Many electricity retailers have a scheme where they pay you for any excess power you produce. But it’s important to remember that the biggest benefit is from self consumption. That is using up the electricity as it is generated and to the maximum possible. It is better to choose a system that is appropriate for your household in terms of energy consumption.